- Individualized guidance in identifying best-fit colleges for your son or daughter
- Guidance in developing a robust college list
- Financial affordability options and resources
- Tips on getting the most out of your college visits
- Essays: expert help with generating ideas for writing stand-out essays
- Help with learning about majors and career paths you might be interested in
- Guidance in choosing high school classes, if needed
- Assistance with the particular needs/requirements of student-athletes
- Help with organization and meeting deadlines
- Working with transfer students, and the deadlines unique to the transfer process
- How to best interpret acceptance letters and potential aid packages
- Advice on mentally and physically preparing for the big move!
The benefits resulting from Joan's services perhaps are best summed up by one of the many testimonials from clients she has received:
Had I gone to a large college, I would have survived, and even gotten good grades. But I would have stayed in my room most of the time. By learning that I'd be better off at a small college, I've gained so much confidence..This college is perfect for me!
Written by a student
Joan's college consulting services for my daughter are indispensable. We did not even know how identify possible colleges to visit because of the overwhelming choices and information. Joan’s methods have made us confident that we are now on the right track.
Joan is professional, prompt, caring and incredibly knowledgeable about the college application process, financial choices, and how to navigate the internet while researching colleges. We do not need to worry about missing deadlines for applications or whether we’re going to miss out on possible financial aide because we didn’t know how the system works.
A major plus in having Joan work with us is the resulting positive communication between my daughter, my husband and me (much of it initiated by my daughter). The peace of mind that Joan has given us is worth every penny!
A.L., Walnut Creek
We are so happy and relieved to have found Joan, she is giving our daughter a great deal of positive support and expertise guidance in helping her find the right college.
We truly appreciate Joan's reassuring and calming presence throughout this whole process. I would highly recommend her to any student who needs a stress-free college search.
L.H., Pleasant Hill, CA
We were overwhelmed with the process of finding an affordable college option for our daughter. Joan Case proved knowledgeable about not only many schools and their benefits but helped clear a path for us to see these possibilities more clearly. Joan provided us with some great information on smaller universities we never would've found on our own. Her experience and advice gave us the focus we needed to move forward in our efforts.
Thank you Joan for giving us the framework and tools to build a broad list of school options to apply to this fall.
M.K., Walnut Creek, CA
College and Educational Consultant