What is the ISEE Test?
The Independent School Entrance Exam® (ISEE® Test) is an achievement/reasoning test that many independent schools around the country use to evaluate children for private school entry. It was developed by the ERB. It can be administered in an ERB office or at a school. The ISEE® test has five sections (Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning/Math Achievement, Reading Comprehension, and an optional Writing exercise) at three levels to evaluate children for entry into grades 5 and 6, grades 7 and 8, and grades 9 through 12.
- Offered for Grades 2 – 12
- Available nationally and internationally
- Accepted by over 1,200 independent schools around the world
- Available in both online and paper modalities and in both open and closed (invitation only) administrations
- Shows a standard assessment of skills for each applicant, ranking his or her reasoning and achievement skills among students in the same grade
- Enables students to take a single, fair, and reliable test for entrance into top-performing independent schools
- Used by consortia throughout the U.S. and internationally
- Most advanced admission test available for independent schools.