- Individualized guidance in identifying best-fit colleges for your son or daughter
- Guidance in developing a robust college list
- Financial affordability options and resources
- Tips on getting the most out of your college visits
- Essays: expert help with generating ideas for writing stand-out essays
- Help with learning about majors and career paths you might be interested in
- Guidance in choosing high school classes, if needed
- Assistance with the particular needs/requirements of student-athletes
- Help with organization and meeting deadlines
- Working with transfer students, and the deadlines unique to the transfer process
- How to best interpret acceptance letters and potential aid packages
- Advice on mentally and physically preparing for the big move!
The benefits resulting from Joan’s services perhaps are best summed up by one of the many testimonials from clients she has received:
Joan is professional, prompt, caring and incredibly knowledgeable about the college application process, financial choices, and how to navigate the internet while researching colleges. We do not need to worry about missing deadlines for applications or whether we’re going to miss out on possible financial aide because we didn’t know how the system works.
A major plus in having Joan work with us is the resulting positive communication between my daughter, my husband and me (much of it initiated by my daughter). The peace of mind that Joan has given us is worth every penny!
We truly appreciate Joan’s reassuring and calming presence throughout this whole process. I would highly recommend her to any student who needs a stress-free college search.
Thank you Joan for giving us the framework and tools to build a broad list of school options to apply to this fall.
College and Educational Consultant
Joan actively works with high school and community college students throughout the SF Bay Area, advising them in all aspects of the college choice and admissions process. She is passionate about helping students find a college that is a perfect fit for them, as well as alleviating much of the stress that families tend to experience during this process!
Joan’s personal experience with attending colleges is varied, which she feels is a significant asset in working with her students: She attended UC Irvine and Cal State University, Long Beach, while playing varsity tennis on scholarships. Subsequently, she attended graduate school at Duke University and received her Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy.
After many years of working as a physical therapist, Joan became fascinated with the college search process, particularly as she helped her two daughters successfully navigate their way to colleges that were best-fits for them! As she began to help other families and friends, she decided to take formal training and earned her certificate in Independent College Consulting. As a result, she is a skilled and expert guide in helping other families through this process.
Joan is happy to offer you and your family a free initial consult session, to answer any questions you may have about what her services entail!